Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Week 7

Wednesday- Besides just learning how to cook I have wanted to learn how to cook quickly and healthy. Lately I have been looking up some fast meals that meet just those requirements. There is a fountain of recipes on the internet and it really is great being able to read the reviews on the things that you are making before you get going on to realize that its really not worth it. Plus while reading through the reviews I can pick up on tips that others viewers suggest and can help broaden my knowledge base. Today I choose a recipe called Pan-Grilled Snapper with Orzo Pasta Salad. I cooked the rice without the salt and fat and the fried the fish in a pan for about 8 or 9 minutes then made the sauce following the directions. In total it took about 20 minutes and that included clean up. I like doing these faster meals because even though it is fun to make the more intricate dishes the quick healthy ones are much more practical and these taste just as good.
Thursday-I made bread with one of my uncles for the first time. Bread i alot more complex than I thought it wa and for the amount of work that I put into making it the bread didn't really taste that good but Ill go into the procces that we did. Bob has been making bread for years and he has can make all kinds so he show me a basic one.
Saturday-

No comments:

Post a Comment